Terms and Conditions
Full Terms & Conditions
- Bookings are for a minimum of two nights.
- Over Bank Holiday week-ends, a minimum stay of three nights is required.
- Bookings can be made on this website, by telephone (015394 46478), or through one of our channel partners.
- Bookings are secured by giving your credit or debit card details.
- We will email confirmation of your booking to you.
- All bookings are personal to you and you remain fully responsible for the booking when booking accommodation on behalf of a third party, or as a gift.
Deposit and Payment
- The quoted price is for the room and breakfast for two people.
- No deposit is required. But we will need credit or debit card details to hold the booking
- On a standard booking cancellation is free if notification is received 7 full days before the date of arrival. After that point in time the full cost of your stay is due, and payment will be taken from the card supplied, or can be received by bank transfer.
- On a non-refundable booking the full amount will be taken from the card supplied 24 hours after you have made the reservation.
- In the unlikely event that we are forced to cancel your booking we will attempt to offer you alternative accommodation. If suitable accommodation is not available, then we will refund any monies already paid by you. Our liability does not extend beyond this refund
- No refunds or reductions can be made in respect of meals or accommodation booked but not taken. We recommend that you take out travel insurance for unexpected changes to your travel plans.
- Any special offer saving is from the price published on the May Cottage website – not any other website. If in any doubt ring us
- Minimum 2 or 3 night stay applies
Children and pets
- Sorry, no children under the age of 18.
- Sorry, no pets
- Check in is 4pm – 8pm. This has been put back an hour to allow more time for cleaning. Please ring if you want to arrive outside of these times.
- Check out is by 10.30am. If the room is not vacated by this time, the guest will be subject to another night costs.
- We can store luggage for you before check in and after check out.
- One car parking space is available for each room. It is usually possible to park from 12 noon on the day of arrival – please contact us to arrange. The car park is not suitable for large vehicles such as a long wheelbase vans or pick up trucks.
- Vehicles and their contents are left in the car park at owners’ own risk.
- Breakfast is served 8.30-9.00 Monday-Saturday and 9.00-9.30 on Sundays. Please ring us if this is an issue, as it can be possible to arrange a light breakfast slightly earlier than this.
Takeaway food, smoking, candles and damage
- Smoking – it is against the law to smoke cigarettes in any area of May Cottage. We also do not permit E-cigarettes. Please smoke outside and away from the front of the building.
- Hot takeaway food is not allowed in the bedrooms. This is for the comfort of future guests because it can take up to a week for the smell to dissipate, and spillage damage to carpets and soft furnishings has occurred in the past.
- However if you have no alternative to takeaway food then please use the dining room, and before 10:00 pm.
- Candles – please do not use candles in the bedroom. It is against our fire policy, and we have previously experienced costly damage from both the flame and the wax to soft furnishings and carpet.
- We are sure that you will take care whilst you stay with us, but accidents can happen. We reserve the right to charge for any significant damage or breakages.
- We reserve the right to charge further sums if we need to ‘deep clean’ the room or are unable to re-let your room as a consequence of damage, smoking or consumption of takeaway food. In the case of smoking we will levy a minimum deep cleaning charge equivalent to one night’s accommodation, but it could be more if the room is closed for more than 24 hours. We will notify you of any costs in writing, as soon as is reasonably practicable, before deducting any such costs.
- We do not accept liability for damage to your property or injury to you, or other members of your party, whilst at May Cottage, unless caused by negligence by us.
- If you show symptoms during your stay, please contact us immediately. We are following the current government guidelines, which are updated regularly and are published on the government website: www.gov.uk
- Please complete a guest registration form upon arrival at May Cottage. Please be assured that your personal information remains secure and at no point will we give your details to any third party, except for the purpose of the Governments Covid 19 track and trace system.